This is a cooked paste food made from liver, spinach and oatmeal made by Myron S. Gordon to feed live bearing fishes used for genetic research.
- 1 pound beef or calf liver
- 1 pound spinach
- Oat flakes
- Trim and de-vein liver.
- Process oat flakes in blender, dry.
- Process spinach, reserve.
- Process in blender adding only enough water to process, strain.
- Add spinach and liver to oat flour. (Gordon used baby cereal and wheat germ, oats are more traditional)
- Place into small jars, pasteurize for 30 minutes.
- Cool and store in fridge.